There are several roles for a regional planning commission:
- To help meet community needs in planning infrastructure improvement projects
- To support community projects through funding searches and application writing
- To provide regional planning and coordination for the implementation of state and federal programs; and
- To provide local planning and support services to assure member communities of compliance with state and federal regulations.
Many of the Pioneer Trails’ members have been able to improve their communities through the use of our services.
Basic member benefits include:
- Use of specialized technical equipment
- Planning and grant application services at subsidized rates (membership discount applied to rate)
- Environmental reviews, studies and planning at subsidized rates (membership discount applied to rate)
- Input into the Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy for the region
- Monthly Service Bulletin Newsletter
- Input into Transportation Planning for the region
- Meeting opportunities—committees, board meetings and PTRPC Annual Meeting
Associate members are a diverse group representing county governments, municipalities and not-for-profit entities.