Serving the governments of Johnson, Lafayette, Pettis & Saline Counties
- Small Business Development Center will offer free Business Resilience Training May 31 from noon to 1:00 for businesses in the region needing guidance through the economic recovery. Contact Amber@trailsrpc.org or KAsbury1@sfcc.edu to learn more about the virtual course.
- Transportation Alternatives Program applications for pedestrian and bicycle infrastructure improvements will open in about two weeks with a deadline about six weeks thereafter. Contact Chris@trailsrpc.org for details.
- Dept. of Natural Resources will release applications for state ARPA funding of water, wastewater and stormwater improvements in Spring of 2022 with a Summer deadline for project submittal. Email Norm@trailsrpc.org and register for the webinar on May 11 | 2:00pm-3:00pm or May 12| 10:00am-11:00am to prepare for an application.
- A Bipartisan Infrastructure EPA application through PTRPC could provide guidance and sub-grants to support cleanup activities without local match requirements, for sites contaminated by hazardous materials. Contact Norm@trailsrpc.org for details.
- Farmers Market Promotion Program through USDA funds projects that develop direct producer-to-consumer markets to increase access to locally produced agricultural products via farmers markets, agritourism activities, or other market opportunities. A 25% match is required. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for application help.
- The MPDG Rural Surface Transportation Grant Program can support projects to improve and expand the surface transportation infrastructure in rural areas to increase connectivity, improve the safety and reliability of the multi-modal movement of people or freight, and generate regional economic growth. Application Deadline: May 23, 2022. Contact Chris@trailsrpc.org for details.
Upcoming Meetings Include:
- Blackwater River Study presentation & forum - 5:30 pm at Warrensburg City Hall on May 6 and at Concordia Comm. Ctr. on May 10. Contact Nathan@trailsrpc.org for details
- CEDS meeting 9:30 am Wed. May 11 (in person or online) Chris@trailsrpc.org will distribute a meeting link and agenda
- PTRPC Board meeting 9:30 am Wed. May 25 (Concordia Comm. Ctr.) Chris@trailsrpc.org will distribute a meeting agenda