Serving the governments of Johnson, Lafayette, Pettis & Saline Counties
- Economic Development ARPA Grant guidelines for Community Revitalization, Tourism, Broadband, and Workforce category funding will become finalized in Aug. Check for details at - https://ded2.mo.gov/one-stop-arpa-resources
- MoDOT offers local governments an assessment for off-system, deteriorating bridges through BEAP at no cost. Contact Norm@Trailsrpc.org or Chris@Trailsrpc.org to find a pre-qualified engineer to preform your bridge assessment.
- Community Development Block Grant applications will become available in September for Downtown Revitalization, Demolition, and other Infrastructure projects. Call or email Norm@trailsrpc.org to determine eligibility for your community and your project.
- An EPA application could provide a grant to pay for assessment and cleanup, free to cities with sites potentially contaminated by hazardous materials, without private or public match required. If you have a potentially contaminated site, contact Norm@trailsrpc.org to apply to assess a suspected contamination or to clean up your city’s contaminated site.
- SEMA and FEMA offer funding for Building Resilient Infrastructure and Communities (BRIC) and Flood Mitigation Assistance Program (FMAP) to governments with project needs recorded in their county Hazard Mitigation Plan. Chris@trailsrpc.org is currently updating the Lafayette and Johnson County plans! Contact Chris to record your community’s hazard mitigation needs in your county plan this season to assure that your BRIC or your FMAP application can become eligible for upcoming funding.
Upcoming Meetings Include:
- CEDS meeting 9:30 am Wed. Aug. 10 (Concordia Comm Ctr.) Please RSVP to Chris@trailsrpc.org
- MCMA Reg. Managers meeting 4:00 pm Wed. Aug. 10 (Lenexa City Hall, 17101 W. 87th St. Parkway)
- Spirit Trail Coalition meeting 1:00 pm Tues. Aug. 16 (Johnson County Courthouse Conf. Rm.) SAshe@jococourthouse.com will distribute an agenda
- RHSOC Board meeting 9:30 am Tues. Aug. 23 (Concordia Comm Ctr.) Please RSVP to Debbie@trailsrpc.org for quorum
- Advanced Mfg. meeting 11:00 am Wed. Aug. 24 (SFCC Thompson Conf. Ctr.) Call Amy Jackson for agenda