A recipe for those who can hardly afford to do anything, but can’t afford to do nothing.
- Gather a group of concerned business owners and/or residents
- Make a short list of desired downtown improvements
- Identify the most affordable item on the short list
- Pass the hat, and/or recruit the volunteers to do the selected improvement
- Make the improvement as soon as possible
- Watch for evidence that the improvement did some good.
- Regroup to measure and celebrate the evidence, or ponder the lack thereof
- Return to step 2 and repeat.
Inspired by Sara Joy Proppe